Optum Leadership Experience - Eden Prairie, MN
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: September 14, 2017
The Optum Leadership Experience provides selected MBA participants with experiential learning opportunities that apply their MBA program acumen and leverage their work experience to innovatively shape transformative change in the health system. We are seeking highly motivated, passionate, MBA graduates with new ideas, approaches, and innovations. Selected participants will gain valuable healthcare business experience, develop executive leadership relationships and prepare them to be a future leader at Optum.
Want to transform an industry? Optum is helping to make the health system work better for everyone. The Optum Leadership Experience 24 month development program has three eight-month rotations tailored for recent MBA graduates. Over the course of these two years participants are exposed to challenging, high-profile business initiatives in multiple Optum businesses and/or corporate functions. Rotational assignments are aligned with participant s personal talents and Optum business priorities.
Optum Leadership Experience participants will be located in Eden Prairie, MN or Boston, MA.
- Opportunities to work with the best in the industry professionals to innovate and solve complex health care challenges
- Substantive experiential assignments and special project opportunities
- An executive mentor and exposure to the Optum executive leader community
- Networking across the organization and health care industry
- With an emphasis on employee professional growth, participants receive formal development training and opportunities to learn our industry and our business
- Working directly with Optum businesses to help determine needs and solve complex and strategic business challenges
- Conducting strategic research to shape investment, growth, quality and innovation
- Analyzing and validating business recommendations to enable operational preparedness
- Supporting business improvement initiatives with operational assessments and suctioning
- Leading business process redesign opportunities
- Making recommendations to Optum leadership based on business case and analysis
- Undergraduate degree
- Currently pursuing an advanced degree - MBA - with a target graduation date no later than June 2018
- Minimum of three years of previous professional work experience
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to explore a variety of business challenges
- Demonstrated agility in learning
- Excellent relationship management skills; ability to work with all levels in a matrix environment
- Strong communication, impact, and influence skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business data and strategy
- History of quickly gaining credibility, partnering with business leaders and exhibiting executive presence
- Proven ability to articulate business strategies and formulate concise solutions to complex problems
- Champion continuous change, consult with versatility, exhibit personal leadership and model a customer orientation
- Superior conceptual, analytical skills
- Ability to succinctly interpret data and strategic framework for executives
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Associated topics: assistant vice president, associate dean, associate director, dean, department chair, director, executive director, interim dean, president, supervise
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Eau Claire, Optum Leadership Experience - Eden Prairie, MN, Other, Eden Prairie , Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!