Accounts Payable Associate
Company: Chippewa Valley Technical College
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: February 16, 2020
The Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for accounts
payable processing, vendor account contacts, and maintaining
financial records for the purpose of ensuring availability of
documentation and compliance with established policies and
regulatory guidelines of the college. This position reports to the
- Utilize the Banner (ERP system) to enter and verify invoices
for payment and produce accounts payable paper and electronic
- Process payment of approved purchases in a timely and accurate
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Organize and maintain paid invoice information in a
user-friendly filing system.
- Verify prepared checks are matched to remittances, where
required, and mail out.
- Provide year-end schedules for auditing purposes.
- Produce other checks (e.g., refunds & Foundation) needed by the
- Audit and reconcile electronic purchasing card statement
monthly in accordance with established procurement and financial
- Monitor vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Complete Banner testing of the accounts payable module.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Send for W-9 forms for tax information as needed.
- Review and complete 1099 annual forms.Required Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office and accounting principles and
- Knowledge of the purchase requisition and vendor payment
- Ability to keep an accurate filing system.
- Must be detail oriented in preparing and prioritizing large
volumes of information.
- Ability to operate laser check printing.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal
accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving
practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and
other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing
clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active
listening; reading critically and adapting communication for
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases,
adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a
commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with
persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or
- Intermediate knowledge of and skills with technology including
software programs for communication, data collection, and decision
making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook,
Word, and Excel.
- Associates degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a fast-paced,
high-transaction department; preferably in an accounts payable
function.In evaluating candidates for this position, the College
may consider a combination of education, training, and experience
which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to
perform duties of position.As an equal opportunity/access employer
and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a
diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are
encouraged to apply.
- Health and dental insurance for all family members
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- 403(b) tax deferred annuity program
- 457(b) deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal, and sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement (eligibility requirements apply)
- Professional developmentCVTC does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its
programs and activities. The following person has been designated
to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination
policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue,
Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711ID: 2020-1436
Closed Date: 3/1/2020 FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Hourly Pay
Rate/Salary: Starting hourly rate of $15.46 and midpoint of $17.78.
Pay rate will be commensurate with qualifications. Work Schedule: 8
a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. This position is customer-focused
and may require the ability to adjust schedule to meet College,
department, and customer needs. Anticipated Start Date: As soon as
possible External Company Name: Chippewa Valley Technical College
Street: 620 West Clairemont Avenue Post End Date: 3/2/2020
Keywords: Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire , Accounts Payable Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!