Company: University of WI-EC
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: January 25, 2023
A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in
the ASK Center-Accounting Office beginning - February 23, 2023. The
working title for this assignment is Grant Accountant with an
official title in the accountant title series. - - -The salary will
be commensurate with experience and qualifications, with an
expected starting range of $50,000-55,000.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or closely
related field from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles,
procedures and standards. -
- Ability to interpret, apply and communicate financial
information to UW-System and University administrators.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: -
- Ability to prepare financial reports, spreadsheets and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, database
systems, financial accounting systems and various database query
- Strong mathematical ability and strong attention to detail to
ensure accuracy in data entry and in reconciliation of various
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects
under competing deadlines
- Prior governmental experience
- Prior knowledge of OMB Circulars and grant management
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and
This position functions as the Grants Management Support accountant
within the ASK Center - University Accounting Office and is
responsible for assisting in the establishment and maintenance of
grant project account, processes, and procedures for the operations
and control of extramural support funded activities in compliance
with all regulatory requirements. Additionally, the position
assists in the preparation of reports, adjusting entries, and
monitors budgets. - The duties may include, but are not limited
- General Ledger Financial and Extramural Support
- Financial Reporting
- Subsidiary Accounting Systems
- General Ledger Accounting and Budget Control
- Miscellaneous Duties
-THE UNIT: -The unit of the ASK Center-Accounting Office consists
of 3 staff members, including the Controller and a General Ledger
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: -Applications are submitted electronically.
-Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire
Web site: -http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm. - -You
must create an account and login before you can apply. -If you have
not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to
begin the registration process. If you are already a registered
user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login."
-Click the link to the ASK Center-University Accounting: Grant
Accountant position (Job ID #19181) and then click the "Apply Now"
button to submit your application electronically. -Your application
will not be considered complete until all required documents are
attached and all required fields are completed. -Please be sure you
have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references.
- Please address these 4 scenarios on a separate
- Scenario 1: -A faculty member with a federal grant is scheduled
to share significant project findings by giving a keynote address
next month at an international conference. Due to a recent surgery,
the faculty member was advised by her doctor that, as a
precautionary measure against complications, she should travel
first-class rather than coach for the 12 hour flight. The faculty
member then contacts you for advice about using grant funds to pay
for her first-class airline ticket. - What do you
- Scenario 2: -A faculty member has an NSF grant with an approved
budget for student wages, supplies and travel. - They ask you if
they can change the grant budget to instead move the travel funds
toward more student wages. - Is this something NSF allows? - What
do you recommend?
- Scenario 3: - -A faculty member with an active federal grant
and must take a leave of absence. - When the faculty contacts you
with this update, what guidance would you provide?
- Scenario 4: - -What would you tell a faculty member who wants
to use their grant funds to purchase gift cards as a prize for
students who are graduating? Is this allowable within UWEC
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Jackie Kriesel; -firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by
-January 29, 2023. - -However, screening may continue until
position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact
additional references with notice given to the candidates at an
appropriate time in the process. -A criminal background check is
required prior to employment.
Keywords: University of WI-EC, Eau Claire , Grant Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!