Mortgage Loan Officer
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: September 8, 2019
Responsible for soliciting, negotiating, underwriting and
coordinating the closing of routine residential and construction
mortgage loans in compliance with the Bank's policies, procedures
and related laws and regulations.romotes quality mortgage loan
customer service and related activities; engages in business
development opportunities; develops good customer relationships;
and markets and cross sells other banking products.established
individual and Bank sales goals though active participation in
sales management and officer call programs.
The following duties are primarily performed and which are
essential for this position. Employees are expected to be able to
perform each of these job duties satisfactorily and successfully to
be qualified for the position.To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other
duties may be required and assigned.
- Engages in business development activities and solicitation of
new business; cross sells other banking products and services,
referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service through
his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with
involved customers and employees.
- Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with
mortgage and title companies, contractors, builders, appraisers,
real estate agents and other real estate industry
- Interviews prospective applicants or meets with existing
customers; obtains necessary information and assists in the loan
application process; helps applicants determine the most
appropriate lending product to suit their needs, such as loan
duration, interest rate and repayment terms; corresponds or
re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application
- Performs borrower prequalification assessment and analysis of
financial condition; carefully assesses and evaluates the risk of
financing requests within the framework of the Bank's credit
culture and current economic and industry trends; orders and
reviews credit, flood zone determinations, and Desktop underwriting
- Authorizes commitment and decline letters.
- Obtains sufficient information and/or documentation from
customers; solves problems relative to processing and servicing of
loans within his or her portfolio;
- Develops and maintains an advanced knowledge of financial
industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and
competition; remains informed of trends and developments in local
market and changes to regulations governing private and government
- Represents the Bank in various community, civic, and community
reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank's image and
develop additional business; assists the Bank in establishing and
maintaining market position in the financing arena.
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate
department or person, and exhibits the necessary follow through
with customers and/or staff involved.
- Consistently applies superior decision making techniques
pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to
existing policies and procedures,
- Processes, solves and answers complex customer transactions,
problems or inquiries.
- Answers telephones, answers questions and directs callers to
proper Bank personnel.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the
trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds
organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and
processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules
and regulations; adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities
that are specific to the position.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports
the Bank's goals and values; benefits the Bank through outside
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics or related
- Substitution: Five (5) years of directly related full time
experience performing the functions outlined above may be
considered in lieu of the degree.
- Five (5) years of experience in the financial services industry
with at least one (1) year performing mortgage lending (FHA, VA,
- Experience with construction, real estate, and consumer
mortgage loan origination, underwriting, documentation and
- Experience, knowledge and training in all lending activities
- Experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and
tax return analysis.
- Ability to travel to various branch locations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTs
- Must successfully pass criminal background check.
- Must successfully pass credit background check.
- Registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and
Registry as a mortgage loan originator in accordance with the
Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the "SAFE
DESIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, economics or related
In evaluating candidates for this position, CCFBank may consider a
combination of education, training, and experience which provides
the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the
duties of this position.
Keywords: CCFBank, Eau Claire , Mortgage Loan Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!