Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job Details Description Are you an organized and detail oriented
administrative assistant with excellent communication skills? Do
you have a friendly demeanor, flexible, and appreciate diversity
while working in a fast paced environment? If so, you are
encouraged to apply for this administrative assistant position.
This is a benefit eligible, 30 hour per week administrative
assistant position primarily supporting the Family Preservation and
Interactions programs based in Eau Claire. Primary tasks would
include, but not limited to, data entry, collecting client
information, electronic and paper filing, quality assurance,
general office tasks, and supporting a very diverse staff of
workers. Quality assurance and Excel spreadsheet advanced
experience preferred. Will expand to 40 Hours. M-F First Shift.
Under supervision, this position provides clerical and
administrative support to the agency in a variety of areas. This
could include general clerical work such as word processing,
creating and editing spreadsheets documents and presentations,
filing, faxing, meeting and planning preparation taking minutes, as
well as receptionist, project based work and other support duties
as necessary. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and edits documents via word processing, spreadsheets
- Supports supervisor in effectively scheduling, delegating to
and communicating with staff regarding tasks, responsibilities and
- Types various documents and correspondence including meeting
minutes. Proofreads all documents for correct grammar, spelling,
punctuation, and content.
- Prepares mailing and distributions. Distributes mail to
- May take a lead in ensuring office and facilities needs are met
and works with vendors as needed.
- May ensure proper running of office equipment, such as copier,
fax, etc. and calling in vendor for problems or routine maintenance
- May provide receptionist duties as needed. This will include
answering telephones, taking messages, scheduling appointments and
- May provide program specific support, which may include billing
support functions, data entry and other needed support.
- Prepares department forms and maintains supply.
- Prepares and mails letters and packages.
- Organizes and maintains files. This may be both hard copy and
electronic files and databases.
- May assist in planning, scheduling and preparation for meetings
- Participates in other projects and other duties, as assigned
- Collaborates with other team members and assists with projects.
May assist in oversight of volunteers. PERKS:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards and Recognition Qualifications To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary
background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required,
according to program requirements . Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year prior administrative experience required.
Associates Degree may be substituted in lieu of prior
- Proficiency in a variety of software programs (Microsoft Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, or equivalent) is required.
- Excellent customer focus including strong telephone
- Demonstrated professional tact and decorum.
- Strong word processing skills.
- Ability to conduct internet research.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal
and listening). CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: The
incumbent of this position must have a valid driver's license and
have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the
role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving
record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability
to meet LSS auto insurance requirements. TRAVEL: Ability to travel
on day trips as required, but will be infrequent. Rarely, would
overnight travel be required. LSS is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. Qualifications Skills
Behaviors : Motivations : Education Required High School Diploma/
GED or better. Experience Licenses & Certifications Required
Driver's License Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: LSS, Eau Claire , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!