Business Development & Logistics - Junior Associate Engineer
Company: Red Flint Sand & Gravel, LLC
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: April 3, 2021
RED FLINT GROUP, LLC
TITLE: Business Development & Logistics - Junior Associate Engineer
REPORTS TO: VP Business Development & Ops
UPDATED: July 2019
This position will provide technical and professional services of
company products to the Business Development/Sales team. This will
include assisting with sales and marketing, sales quotation,
working with operations to coordinate customer orders, shipping,
invoicing, trade show assistance and execution, trips/visit on site
customer interaction, associated reporting and overall customer
service requirements to assist in order fulfillment, submittals,
and product installations as required. The purpose of this position
is also to assist in the development and optimization of internal
logistics systems, and provide technical assistance and support
necessary to move product orders and related information through
our sales and delivery process.
This will include training and development to become proficient
with advanced level RFQs, trade shows, and customer visits within
Business Development. Routine travel averaging up to and over 50%
will be expected.
Essential Functions Responsibilities:
This job describes the general nature and level of work performed
by employees assigned to this position. It does not state or imply
that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the
job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties
as requested by management. All requirements are subject to change
over time and to possible modification.
1. Assists in providing technical and engineering support to the
sales team by executing proposals and assists in forecasting and
market analysis. Executes maintenance of sales and marketing
2. Assists in execution of advanced level Request for Quotes (RFQs)
and assists with process documentation, control, and optimization
of RFQ process to ensure consistency ad appropriate representation
of operational capabilities including resource capabilities.
3. Attends trade shows and customer/engineering visits and other
sales and marketing functions as required. Executes trips to
various customer locations and executes multiple customer visits as
directed. Completes required pre and post documentation on a timely
4. Follows up to RFQs including inside sales functions as required.
Executes unit cost analysis in support of work order summarization
for use in future proposal writing. Provides information to the
sales department to assist others in the development of
- Meets with customers and prospects to ensure understanding of
their particular needs in order to deliver products/services to
their expectations, or better.
- Makes follow up phone calls to customers to solicit business,
follow up on proposals, follow up on trade show contacts, and other
- Supports strategic objectives of the company to ensure optimal
and profitable operations.
- Assists with annual planning requirements in line with
strategic goals and coordination including the establishment of
annual pricing. Assists with the direction of the team's efforts in
pursuit of initiatives and activities required for obtaining goals
and profitable operations.
- Executes trips, visits and follow up activities as assigned to
obtain P.O. including at customer locations.
- Assists with installations, submittal paper work, and general
follow through with order fulfillment tasks. Also executes
scheduling activity worksheets for communications with
- Other duties as assigned.
Site Related Support/Logistics
12. Learns, understands, and complies with applicable plant safety
rules and regulations at all times. Holds self and others
accountable for safe operations, wears required PPE, executes and
participates in regular MSHA and safety training/testing.
13. Assists with technical and engineering support to portable
plant manager with production scheduling and order status.
- Utilizes order entry system for local, domestic and
international order fulfillment according to established procedures
- from entry of quotes to daily orders/charge tickets, release and
shipment of products. Keeps system up to date with various related
information, as scheduled and as needed.
- May be required to back up site scale operations on temporary
basis across all sites.
- Corresponds with customers on their order questions and changes
- phone, email, internet, etc. Professionally addresses and
resolves problems/complaints within scope of responsibility,
documents correspondence and results.
- Prepares detailed documentation for international orders -
customs, etc. Tracks these orders once shipped to ensure they are
delivered as planned. Updates export shipment spreadsheets.
Communicates with freight vendors and customers as needed to
expedite or problem solve export orders. 18. Learns, understands,
and communicates product/media, packaging, inventory, shipping,
industry standards, production, and scheduling.
19. Files correspondence, reports, and other materials. May file
20. Assists others in the office with special projects and other
work as assigned.
21. Communicates with other employees regarding status of work in
process to ensure smooth operation of the order fulfillment and
Reports to President. Works closely with the CEO, and others in
Production Management, Order Logistics, Sales, and Accounting, and
frequently with other employees in the office. Regular, daily
contact with customers and vendors, by phone, e-mail, and in
Performance Expectations and Competencies:
Work performed is expected to meet or exceed guidelines for safety,
quality, accuracy, timeliness and thoroughness. Must be reliable
and timely in reporting to work. Competencies include the ability
to: think and work safely, interact professionally with external
contacts (customers, freight vendors, drivers, etc.), accurately
troubleshoot and resolve order and logistics problems, gain the
trust and respect of co-workers and management, communicate
effectively and develop good working relationships with others,
conduct self with honesty and integrity, take initiative to notice
what needs to be done and the good judgment to act
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Observes all safety rules and regulations, conducts self in a
safe manner at all times.
2. Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with
3. Ability to prepare written reports and documents and maintain
accurate files records.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both verbally and
in written form, for interacting positively with management,
employees, customers, and vendors.
- Must be able to perform intermediate math functions (add,
subtract, multiply, divide, algebraic and geometric
- Must be detail oriented and well organized in order to
effectively plan for and coordinate daily business activities. 7.
Knowledge of modern office practice and procedures including
business correspondence, and filing techniques. Correct English
usage, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, filing systems,
and vocabulary covering common administrative terminology.
8. Ability to operate a variety of modern office equipment,
computer terminals, utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and
PowerPoint software, and peripheral equipment such as facsimile
machines, printers, scanners, and copiers.
9. Ability to perform detailed work accurately in compliance with
stringent time limits with minimal direction or supervision.
10. Ability to work as a team, but also independently initiate,
prioritize, perform or solve problems related to deviations in work
assigned in order to meet fixed or fluctuating deadlines and
achieve work objectives.
11. Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize multiple tasks
and demands. Ability to understand, interpret, apply and explain
policies and procedures.
12. Ability to comprehend, retain and effectively carry out
policies and procedures.
13. Ability to use mainframe computer system and personal computer
with, Business Lync, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word, MS PowerPoint,
accounting software and other company specific software.
14. Ability to work the allocated hours of the position in order to
15. Ability to travel as needed by the Company.
Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related technical
area. Industrial, Chemical, Materials, Civil, and Mining Engineers
and technical business degrees preferred. Other engineering
disciplines will be considered.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Experience with computerized order processing and accounting
systems, or production scheduling and/or maintenance and repair
systems (prefer Great Plains experience), preferred.
Proven business development experience is a plus. Asphalt, ready
mix, crushing, screening or washing experience may also apply if
applicant is/was involved vertically to mining and/or aggregate
processing. Must understand and respect MSHA and OSHA regulations,
understand the geology of mine sites, and understand the use and
configuration of mining equipment (fixed and mobile).
Experience in order processing/logistics, freight or production
scheduling, and/or customer service..... click apply for full job
Keywords: Red Flint Sand & Gravel, LLC, Eau Claire , Business Development & Logistics - Junior Associate Engineer, Engineering , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!