Corporate Purchasing Manager
Company: Advantage xPO
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: May 8, 2022
THIS POSITION MUST RELOCATE TO ALEXANDRIA, MN. RELOCATION
PACKAGES AVAILABLE!!!COMPANY OVERVIEWAlexandria Industries is a
multifaceted manufacturer that goes beyond being a parts supplier.
We make components that go into products people use everyday.Since
our founding in 1966, we have committed to helping customers create
innovative manufacturing solutions that solve their product
development challenges. We have achieved this by integrating the
latest advancements in manufacturing and automation technology,
focusing on continuous improvement strategies, and building a
highly skilled workforce.Guided by our values and a servant
leadership mindset, we are dedicated to our customers, colleagues
and communities.OPPORTUNITYThe Corporate Purchasing Manager is
responsible for ensuring that all purchasing policies work toward
achieving the company's strategic goals and follow the company's
values. - This position provides leadership to purchasing team
members at all AI facilities. - This position will work to develop
the guidelines and procedures for purchasing products and services
at Alexandria Industries. - This position is responsible for
supplier selection, sourcing of new suppliers and supplier
certification. - This position works with Quality and Engineering
to ensure that goods and services acquired are of expected quality,
are on time and are at a competitive price.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIESThe following description of work performed by this
individual is not all-inclusive. - Rather, it focuses on the major
- Ensure that safety is always the number one priority at
Alexandria Industries; promote and support a safe work environment.
- Ensure AI has a safety-oriented culture by following all safety
programs and guidelines.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure compliance with
current ISO standards and ensure the supplier certification is in
process to enhance and manage the supplier base.
- Support the organization on all new product development
programs, ensure appropriate launch plans are in place with
- Work with leadership to manage and develop the department's
budget and implement formal cost reduction initiatives as
- Work with suppliers and the Quality Team on supplier
development and effective CAPA's, using 8D problem solving
- Responsible for supplier scorecard, monitoring of lead-time
compliance, quality and cost improvement activities.
- Work with Alexandria Industries Continuous Improvement Team to
capture hard, soft and cost avoidance savings.
- Develop and maintain strategic sourcing strategy for $80
million spend and capital purchases on an annual basis.
- Involved with supplier selection and will service as primary
negotiator and contract reviewer for annual aluminum
- Responsible to ensure risk is minimized with all Alexandria
- Responsible for monitoring the overall economic trends on a
macro and supplier specific basis. - Maintain an in-depth
understanding of supplier cost factors.
- Develop new sources of supply, manage, and build relationships
within the supply chain. - Work with Quality and Engineering on new
- Responsible for contract development and negotiations.
- Ensure controls are in place for monitoring and measuring
national contracts compliance with all AI sites.
- Lead the "make versus buy" decision-making process.
- Determine which suppliers and subcontractors Alexandria
Industries will develop partnerships and long-term relationships
- Communicate cost reduction strategies with suppliers and hold
consortiums on bid packages.
- Accurately maintain and validate information in the purchasing
module of our business software; utilizing this information for
planning, tracking, and analyzing to help provide assistance in
determining the status of required information.
- Ensure the company has the proper tools to process purchasing
requisitions & MRP requirements.
- Ensure the company has the tools and resources to keep other
departments informed of any delays or changes in scheduled arrival
times of products or services.
- Provide leadership to Purchasing Team members at all AI
- Ensure expectations, responsibilities and authorities are
- Ensure proper resourcing and staffing
- Communicate priorities and project assignments
- Monitor employee performance
- Provide continuing education, training and development, and
- Delegate special projects
- Hold employee development conferences
- Develop and implement adequate cross-training OTHER JOB DUTIES
(Not considered essential to the job) - - - - Perform all other
related assignments (including special projects) as required in a
professional and cooperative manner.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS1. -
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Business Management or
related program preferred
- CPIM or CSCP certification required2. - Experience:
- 4+ years of inventory experience
- 5+ years of supplier management experience
- 5+ years of purchasing leadership experience required3. - Other
required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to recognize safety concerns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong coordination and judgment skills
- Intermediate math skills
- Basic blueprint reading skills
- Ability to provide exceptional leadership and support to team
- Ability to take part in continuous education and training
- Familiarity with the ISO 9001 requirementsTravel potential 20%
- 30%EQUIPMENT USEDOffice equipment (computer, phone, printer,
scanner, copier)Automotive vehicles -BENEFITS
- Medical and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Spending Account, a
robust Wellness Program, and a Family Health & Wellness Clinic
(Alexandria location), provide our employees with valuable
resources to help them care for -their physical well-being.
- Our Corporate Chaplain and company prayer chain provide
supportive resources for our employees' spiritual health and
- 401(k) retirement program with company match, life insurance,
short and long term disability insurance, Gainshare bonuses, and a
-Benevolent Fund to -assist employees experiencing a temporary and
-unexpected financial hardship, all contribute to the financial
health of our employees and their families.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, 8 hours of paid volunteer time
annually, and an employee assistance program help employees
maintain a -work/life balance.RELOCATION PACKAGES AVAILABLE!!!
APPLY TO FIND OUT MORE. About Advantage xPO Advantage xPO is
committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons
regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and
grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic
information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation,
union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or
other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable
accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and
employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation,
contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is
applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including
hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working
conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions
of employment. All employees are directed to familiarize themselves
with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions
with respect to employment matters and other phases of
employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with
this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and
Keywords: Advantage xPO, Eau Claire , Corporate Purchasing Manager, Executive , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!