Compressor Engineering Manager
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Location: La Crosse
Posted on: October 10, 2019
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car-- , Ingersoll Rand-- , Thermo King-- ,
Trane-- , American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO--
- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United
States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary :
This Compressor Engineering Manager will lead a technical team of
engineers responsible for lifecycle management of new and existing
screw compressor platforms. Including VA/VE, Q&R and RTS for
existing platforms as well as new technology development (NTP) and
New Product Development (NPD) of new platforms.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Improve and maintain current compressor families through VAVE,
Quality, Reliability improvements and product line
- Provide compressor RTS support to operations, technical
service, quality and other functions as needed.
- Execution of new technology programs (NTP) and new compressor
design (NPD) projects to support strategic roadmaps and user
- Contributes to developing compressor strategic roadmaps to meet
product growth team objectives.
- Responsible for the mechanical design and specification of all
- Responsible for the specification of other components including
electrical, lubricants, etc.
- Coordinates with Positive Displacement Compressor or Aero group
for design of compression mechanism, porting, unloading and other
flow path related areas.
- Responsible for creation of engineering documentation: DFMEA,
DVP&R, application guidelines, lab test results, and
specifications. Checks and validates all drawings, 3D models and
EBOM reflect design intent.
- Maintains ownership of engineering documentation, EBOM,
drawings and 3D models for the life of product.
- Supervisory responsibilities of hiring, employee development,
succession planning, goal setting, performance reviews and salary
- Monitors, prioritize, and manages department resources,
budgets, spending and IRPPM data.
- Develop, coach and train staff to build and maintain subject
matter expertise required for compressor design such as project
management, casting design, stress and deflection analysis, oil &
lubrication systems, bearing applications, seals designs,
rotordynamics, sealing technology, specification of motors +
magnetic bearings and code compliance (UL, ASME, etc..)
- Maintain an annual competency and skills maturity list that
feeds into a development path for all employees to ensure future
competencies and tools developed ahead of need.
- Enable and grow technical and project management competency in
ETC to expand design capacity and capability.
- Work with other compressor group leaders to advance development
of people, technology and standard work between compressor
- Builds future capability by creating and maintaining compressor
engineering standard work / design processes and technical reports
(Tech Notes + engineering summaries).
- Maintains awareness of competitive products and technology by
monitoring new technology through patent publications, supplier
relationships, industry publications, participation in technical
societies, academic research projects, and conferences.
- Periodically benchmarks Trane equipment and design processes vs
other industry competitors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related
technical discipline) and at least 10 years of project leadership
and/or HVAC experience in a product design or manufacturing
environment is required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others across the
organization and influence leaders.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification is
- Must be an effective team player with ability to work with
cross-functional or global groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using project management software such as Microsoft
Project is desired.
- Design and analytical skills, with practical "hands-on" product
development experience is a plus.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Eau Claire , Compressor Engineering Manager, Executive , La Crosse, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!