Correctional Medicine Health Services Administrator displayid:19-70927 Needed in Eau Claire, WI
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Nurse Manager opening in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. This and other
nursing administrator jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
Overview Our Health Services Administrator (HSA) is a professional
administrator who manages and evaluates the Health Care Delivery
Program in accordance with State and Local Regulations; ensures
medical, dental, and mental health program activities are based
upon goals, objectives, aims, and policies and procedures of The
Company and the facility; and are compliant with ACA, NCCHC and
State accreditation standards. Qualifications Education for Health
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Nursing SchoolExperience
for Health Services Administrator:
- Three (3) or more years administrative, management and
- Delivery and administration of correctional medical, dental,
and mental health care recommended
- Organizational experience in operations and planning
- Sound decision-making skills required
- Experience in managing budgets and analyzing contracts
preferredLicenses/Certifications for Health Services Administrator:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state in
which you work, or a valid compact state nurse license
- Current CPR Certification Responsibilities
- Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of procedures and
- Evaluate financial and statistical data, program needs and
problems, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Develop, utilize, revise, interpret, and ensure compliance with
The Company and facility policies and procedures.
- Monitor subcontracted services to include pharmacy, lab, x-ray,
and specialty providers.
- Maintain communication and a good working relationship with
facility administration, The Company employees, correctional
personnel, contracted providers, and outside agencies.
- Evaluate and recommend methods of improving operational
efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Oversee recruitment, orientation, and performance evaluations
- Provide regular staff meetings and ensure effective
communication with all staff on all shifts.
- Assume responsibility for planning, providing, and monitoring
staff orientation and participation in education and staff
- Assist in recruitment of contracted professional providers
(physicians, dentists, psychologists, etc.).
- Ensure appropriate licensure, credentialing, and insurance
coverage on all medical personnel, i.e. - physicians, nurses,
dentists, psychologists and social workers.
- Oversee services rendered by contractors and professional
- Ensure reports are submitted as required in a timely and
- Audit weekly logs and accounts payable forms, forwards them to
the The Company home office as required.
- Screen all requests for records and approve/disapprove
responses as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of health records and
- Review status of patients with serious health problems ensuring
all necessary intervention and treatment is completed.
- Monitor in-patient hospitalizations closely with utilization
management to ensure early release whenever possible.
- Audit referrals to outside consultants.
- Closely monitor all potential catastrophic illnesses and
explores utilizing all appropriate means of limiting both The
Company and contractor's liabilities.
- Monitor pharmacy use to ensure adherence to formulary.
- Oversee the utilization of special housing, infirmary beds, and
outside inpatient and outpatient services for appropriateness and
quality of services provided.
- Maintain an awareness of overall concepts of managed care and
make administrative judgments to ensure care provided is compatible
with these concepts.
- Function as a liaison between other professional
- Ensure, where available, NCCHC accreditation of the medical
program by ensuring the presence of the required level or
organizational efficiency and the provision of approved and
appropriate medical services.
- Accept on-call status.
- Attend seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- May be asked to travel overnight for two to four days.
- May be asked, but not required, to relocate temporarily or
permanently as needs require.
- Promote Quality Improvement standards by actively participating
in the quality of care screen audits.
- Post Orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
Keywords: WellPath, Eau Claire , Correctional Medicine Health Services Administrator displayid:19-70927 Needed in Eau Claire, WI, Healthcare , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!