Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Job Details Description The Licensed Therapist-FCT works within
an external organization's prescribed method of treatment, that
requires specific in-house and external training, work protocol,
processes and reporting, based on contract requirements. The
position will typically require intensive in-home therapy with the
client and families. The Licensed Therapist performs work involving
clinical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of individuals with
mental health, substance use, or co-occurring disorders. The
Licensed Therapist works closely with the client and family, if
applicable, to develop an appropriate treatment plan designed to
move the client toward the desired change. The Licensed Therapist
works collaboratively with a peer supervision team, with oversight
from the Clinical Supervisors, to monitor the course of treatment.
The Licensed Therapist reports to the Program Supervisor or
Manager. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of duties and
responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to
include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem
necessary from time to time.
- May provide individual, couples, family, and or group
psychotherapy services to adult and child/minor clients in a
school, office, out-of-home care setting and/or home setting.
- Conduct assessments of client needs using clinical interview,
objective diagnostic tools, and collateral contacts.
- Develop treatment plans collaboratively with clients and
provide agreed upon and necessary therapeutic services in keeping
with strength-based, evidence-based best practice standards.
- Maintain detailed clinical records and make recommendations
concerning case disposition.
- Complete agency-required and billing-related phone calls,
email, and paperwork in a professional and timely manner.
- Adhere to high ethical, professional, and legal standards such
as WI State Statutes, Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act, Counsel on Accreditation, American
Psychological Association, American Counseling Association,
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, and National
Association of Social Workers.
- Actively participate in clinical supervision meetings as
required to meet best practice and licensure standards.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in training and quality
improvement activities as required by agency and under
- Work a flexible weekly schedule that includes some evening
and/or weekend hours for client appointments. Therapist work
directly with Program Supervisor or Manager to set expectations for
scheduling clients. Therapist determines own schedule based on
- May serve as a representative of the agency to interested
individuals, professionals, and community groups.--
- May administer specialized programs within a community or the
- May direct or supervise other clinical staff, students,
trainees and interns.
- May participate in program, business unit, or agency marketing
- May participate in speaking engagements of behalf of program,
business unit, or agency.
- May be required to provide clinical supervision
- Performs other duties as required FCT SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Works under the direct supervision of the Clinical Director -
FCT Supervisor as well as external FCT Foundation Consultant.
- This role will be expected to work on average, 40+ hours/week
on a full time schedule and willing to work non-traditional
- Work a flexible weekly schedule that may includes frequent
evening and/or weekend hours for client appointments, based on
- Works within the evidenced-based framework of FCT and the four
phase of treatment-Joining and Assessment, Restructuring, Valuing
Change, and Generalization.
- Provides direct clinical treatment using methods compatible
with FCT principles and practices for assigned cases and meets
fidelity requirements for treatment intensity (5 hours per week per
- Provides clinical/peer support to FCT team and attends FCT
weekly team meetings.
- Conducts FCT joining and assessment activities with the
referred individual and their family members, review of referral
information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying
systemic strengths and weaknesses, and working with the family on
family identified goals.
- Engages primary caregiver and other key participants in active
change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to
- Implements conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention,
outcome review, and strategy revision procedure using the FCT
- Maintains clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts
that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback.
- Collaborates with all relevant systems and key participants
within each system to ensure their buy-in and cooperation
throughout FCT treatment.
- Carries a caseload of 3 to 5 clients
- Significant travel to various locations for meetings,
trainings, or to perform clinical responsibilities as needed.
Travel will vary depending on case load.
- Committed to adhering to the FCT principles and model, as well
as completing the necessary trainings and assignments to achieve
certification as a FCT Clinician within 12-18 months of hire.
- Trained in behavioral, cognitive behavioral, and pragmatic
- Provides direct care or face-to-face contact with youth, family
and other systems involved with the family (e.g., probation, child
welfare, school, employer, etc.)
- Maintains phone contacts with the family and other systems
- Maintains clinical documentation, which includes fidelity
documentation that must be completed for every client to guide
clinical planning, LSS documentation due to clinic status,
documentation required for M.A. and/or CCS billing, and in some
cases documentation requested by the referral source
- Participates in supervision and consultation (this occurs for a
minimum of 2.5 hours/week)
- Participates in FCT-specific training, as well as agency
- Demonstrates flexibility to allow for specific time spent on
each responsibility varies depending on intensity of client need
during a given week, therapist need for additional supervision,
- Participates in FCT trainings throughout the calendar year
- Participates in all additional agency-specific trainings (e.g.,
HIPAA, cultural competency, etc.).
- Participates in a team with weekly supervision and
- Participates in a rotating on-call system that has been
established by the team Working for Lutheran Social Services of
Wisconsin and Upper Michigan includes:
- LSS paid liability insurance
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
- Mileage reimbursement
- Some Continuing Education
- Flexible Scheduling
- Team Mentoring
- Paid Time Off
- Ability to Contribute to 403B Qualifications To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary
background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required,
according to program requirements . Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Masters or
doctoral degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family
Therapy, Psychology or related program required. Minimum of 3000
clinical hours. Some positions may require Substance Abuse
Certification as well. In addition:
- Knowledge of state regulations pertaining to clinical practice,
including confidentiality, dual relationships and mandatory
- Excellent knowledge of behavioral health diagnosis and
- Ability to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of
mental and behavioral health conditions.
- Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols
for treatment of selected mental health and behavioral
- Ability to respond to brief patient contacts, including via
telephone and teleconferencing.
- Ability to design effective psycho-education and group
curricula and lead effective classes and groups.
- Ability to train and teach effective behavioral health
interventions to others.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, interfacing with
clients, primary care providers, collaterals, and colleagues, as
well as administrative and support staff.
- Ability to exercise balanced judgment in evaluating situations,
making decisions, and to handle difficult or confrontational
situations in a calm, consistent, and equitable manner.
- Ability to effectively represent agency interests in the
community and maintain effective working relationships among
colleagues, public, private, and professional groups.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or
- High level of comfort in working with primary care medical
providers using a consultative style. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES,
REGISTRATIONS Must be fully certified in FCT within twelve months
of their initial hire via the official FCT certification program,
Wheels of Change. Certification is granted through the Family
Centered Treatment Foundation (FCT Foundation) when staff passes
and show competence in required components. The incumbent of this
position must have a current state licensure as a Licensed Clinical
Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage
and Family Therapist, or Licensed Clinical Psychologist.-- The
incumbent of this position must have a valid driver's license and
have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the
role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving
record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability
to meet LSS auto insurance requirements. TRAVEL: Ability to travel
on day trips as required up to 75%, depending on program needs.
Some overnight travel may be required. LSS is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. #CB Qualifications Skills
Behaviors : Motivations : Education Required Master Degree or
better in Counseling. Master Degree or better in Marriage & Family
Therapy. Master Degree or better in Psychology. Preferred Master
Degree or better in Social Work. Experience Licenses &
Certifications Required Driver's License Lic Marriage & Fam Ther.
Lic. Prof. Counselor Preferred Lic Ind Clin Soc Worker Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: LSS, Eau Claire , Licensed Therapist, Healthcare , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!