Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Job Details Description Full - time position with flexible hours
(1st and 2nd shift). Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin and
Upper Michigan, Inc. has a strong and diverse team of licensed and
unlicensed therapists dedicated to being a part of helping people
and families heal and overcome from struggles? The ability to meet
with families in their homes allows us to meet clients -where they
are at.- With this approach, family dynamics are presented in an
authentic manner allowing the therapist to more quickly establish
and develop engagement aiding the therapeutic process. The in-home
therapist will provide family counseling/therapy services for
designated families through direct client contact and collaboration
with community-based resources. Travel is required. The Licensed
Therapist performs work involving clinical assessment, diagnosis,
and treatment of individuals with mental health, substance use, or
co-occurring disorders.The Licensed Therapist works closely with
the client and family, if applicable; to develop an appropriate
treatment plan designed to move the client toward the desired
change.The Licensed Therapist works collaboratively with a peer
supervision team, with oversight from the Clinical Supervisors, to
monitor the course of treatment.The Licensed Therapist reports to
the Program Supervisor or Manager. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This
list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be
expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as
management may deem necessary from time to time.
- May provide individual, couples, family, and or group
psychotherapy services to adult and child/minor clients in a
school, office, out-of-home care setting and/or home setting.
- Conduct assessments of client needs using clinical interview,
objective diagnostic tools, and collateral contacts.
- Develop treatment plans collaboratively with clients and
provide agreed upon and necessary therapeutic services in keeping
with strength-based, evidence-based best practice standards.
- Maintain detailed clinical records and make recommendations
concerning case disposition.
- Complete agency-required and billing-related phone calls,
email, and paperwork in a professional and timely manner.
- Adhere to high ethical, professional, and legal standards such
as WI State Statutes, Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act, Counsel on Accreditation, American
Psychological Association, American Counseling Association,
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, and National
Association of Social Workers.
- Actively participate in clinical supervision meetings as
required to meet best practice and licensure standards.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in training and quality
improvement activities as required by agency and under
- Work a flexible weekly schedule that includes some evening
and/or weekend hours for client appointments.Therapist work
directly with Program Supervisor or Manager to set expectations for
scheduling clients.Therapist determines own schedule based on
- May serve as a representative of the agency to interested
individuals, professionals, and community groups.
- May administer specialized programs within a community or the
- May direct or supervise other clinical staff, students,
trainees and interns.
- May participate in program, business unit, or agency marketing
- May participate in speaking engagements of behalf of program,
business unit, or agency.
- Performs other duties as required Qualifications To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary
background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required,
according to program requirements . Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Masters or
doctoral degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family
Therapy, Psychology or related program required.Minimum of 3000
clinical hours.Some positions may require Substance Abuse
Certification as well.In addition:
- Knowledge of state regulations pertaining to clinical practice,
including confidentiality, dual relationships and mandatory
- Excellent knowledge of behavioral health diagnosis and
- Ability to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of
mental and behavioral health conditions.
- Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols
for treatment of selected mental health and behavioral
- Ability to respond to brief patient contacts, including via
telephone and teleconferencing.
- Ability to design effective psycho-education and group
curricula and lead effective classes and groups.
- Ability to train and teach effective behavioral health
interventions to others.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, interfacing with
clients, primary care providers, collaterals, and colleagues, as
well as administrative and support staff.
- Ability to exercise balanced judgment in evaluating situations,
making decisions, and to handle difficult or confrontational
situations in a calm, consistent, and equitable manner.
- Ability to effectively represent agency interests in the
community and maintain effective working relationships among
colleagues, public, private, and professional groups.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or
- High level of comfort in working with primary care medical
providers using a consultative style. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES,
- Must have a current state licensure as a Licensed Clinical
Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage
and Family Therapist, or Licensed Clinical Psychologist.
- Must have a valid driver's license and have reliable
transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor
vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS
Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto
insurance requirements. TRAVEL: Ability to travel on day trips as
required up to 50%, depending on program needs. Some overnight
travel may be required. Travel to various locations for meetings,
trainings, or to perform clinical responsibilities as needed.
Travel will vary depending on position and location. LSS is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran, disability status or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Travel
Required Yes. Qualifications Skills Behaviors : Motivations :
Education Required Master Degree or better in Counseling. Preferred
Master Degree or better in Marriage & Family Therapy. Master Degree
or better in Psychology. Master Degree or better in Social Work.
Experience Licenses & Certifications Required Driver's License Lic
Ind Clin Soc Worker Preferred Lic Marriage & Fam Ther. Lic. Prof.
Counselor Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: LSS, Eau Claire , Licensed Therapist, Healthcare , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!