Benefits Administrator - Human Resources - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
Company: Diversified Management Group
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job Title: Benefits AdministratorDepartment: Human
ResourcesReports To: Human Resources ManagerFLSA Status: Exempt
Position SummaryThe Benefits Administrator develops a consistent
pay and benefits standard by comparing benefit packages among team
members within the company and at other organization in the same
industry. Interprets and develops Human Resources policies,
procedures, and programs regarding compensation and benefits while
maintaining compliance with state and federal laws. Coaches site
leadership on the implementation and communication of new and
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Administers compensation programs in collaboration with the HR
Manager and provides guidance and education on policies and
procedures, the common salary review process, market adjustments,
and the job analysis process.
- Identifies retention issues during and after the employment
process and assists with team member retention planning with regard
to compensation and benefit packages.
- Acts as a resource to the company for benefits education and
answers basic and complex questions regarding benefits.
- Oversees benefit programs, including plan design, vendor
selection/management, communication and compliance
- Participates in benefit renewal conversations, analyzes and
models current benefits plans and recommends new programs and/or
plan changes in collaboration with the company's benefit
- Collaborates with outside vendors to customize and implement
systems for the administration of various benefits programs.
- Serves as the primary liaison for benefit partners.
- Identifies opportunities and implements benefits education
plans and related communications, including new hire communication,
open enrollment, and other initiatives.
- Administers ACA tracking, ensuring participant health insurance
records are accurate for third party vendor to prepare tax
- Designs and implements company wellness programs and
initiatives. Works with Broker to design impactful programs and
initiatives tied to health plan strategy. Reviews metrics of
Wellness plan design and recommends changes.
- Works with HR Generalists to manage the Company's leave of
absence programs and vendor/partners.
- Performs monthly audits on benefit plans for the company.
- Assists company, brokers, and providers in resolving any
benefit concerns and questions.
- Maintains benefit records according to state and federal
- Completes 5500 forms.
- Evaluates and provides education for the company's 401k
program. Completes yearly compliance audits and participates in the
- Management of the company's worker's compensation program
including renewals, program implementation and follow up of
- Participates in and lead's the company's Safety Committee.
- Prepares and maintains job descriptions for each position in
the organization; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work
being performed by team members.
- Evaluates and maintains company compensation structure and
strategy including evaluating pay bands, exempt/non-exempt status,
completing wage surveys and recommending changes.
- Evaluates and maintains company incentive program documents,
procedures, and implementation.
- Administers and communicates the requirements of state and
federal regulations affecting Human Resources functions and assist
in ensuring policies, procedures, and reporting are in
- May lead or be asked to facilitate focused Human Resources
related projects/program management.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of existing human resource programs
to ensure they continue to meet their designed purposes.
- Provides backup support for payroll administration.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Bachelor's degree preferred; or training and knowledge of Human
Resources and general business practices equivalent to that which
would be acquired by completing a regionally accredited bachelor's
- A minimum of 3 years progressively responsible experience in
Human Resources which include experiences in administering Human
Resources policies and procedures, familiarity with compensation &
benefits procedures and programs, and communicating with team
members and leadership.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)/Certified Professional
(SHRM-CP) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)/Senior
Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel,
Access, PowerPoint and Word) or similar products. Familiarity with
HRIS software highly desirable.
- Travel may be required occasionally.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and other
Diversified Management Group values.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of compensation and
- Demonstrated knowledge of the laws and regulations that impact
human resource functions including Family and Medical Leave Act
(FMLA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Equal Pay Act, (EPA) Title
VII of the Civil Rights Act, and the Americans with Disabilities
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems
or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards,
practices, policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Effective customer service skills both in person and over the
phone to team members, participants and other internal/external
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
required. Writes clearly and informatively, editing work for
spelling and grammar, and varies writing style to meet needs.
Presents numerical data effectively and clearly. Able to read and
interpret written information and communicate that information to
users when necessary.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to
questions and participates in meetings. Responds promptly to user
needs, soliciting feedback to improve service, responding to
requests for service and assistance. Also manages difficult or
emotional situations appropriately.
- Ability to work within deadlines with a high attention to
- Flexibility to work the number and schedule of hours needed to
accomplish regular and ad hoc job responsibilities.
- Excellent independent problem solving and decision-making
skills, including appropriate problem identification, research and
analysis, idea generation, and implementation of resolutions.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to
effectively and competently handle multiple priorities
simultaneously and the flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to
changes.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Diversified Management Group, Eau Claire , Benefits Administrator - Human Resources - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus, Human Resources , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!