Human Services Professional
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Job Details Description Lutheran Social Services is currently
seeking a Human Service Professional to join our Family
Preservation team! Family Preservation Services strengthen and
preserve families, providing intensive family preservation services
or home-based, family-centered casework and support services. We
believe all children deserve a safe and loving environment that
supports growth and development. This is a full-time, benefit
eligible opportunity with hours M-F, 8 AM - 6 PM, but require
flexibility for evenings and weekends. Under direction, perform
work involving the delivery of professional human services to
individuals, families, and/or groups. This work may be completed in
a variety of settings (e.g. home, school, office, community)
utilizing various forms of service delivery (e.g. in-person, audio,
visual) per the service plan. Performs other duties as required.
Examples of services Expected may include--(These are examples, not
all inclusive, and all services may not be provided by an
- Individual Skill Development and Enhancement (e.g. daily living
skills - cleaning, hygiene, mentoring of youth, teaching of
parenting skills, community engagement)--
- --Individual and/or Family Psychoeducation (e.g. mental health,
substance use, parenting)
- Medication Monitoring - Non-Prescriber (e.g. delivery
medications to improve compliance, review and teach clients about
the medications/potential side effects)
- Participation on recovery teams. (provide feedback around
service delivery and progress) Essential Duties and
responsibilities: This list of duties and responsibilities is not
all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and
responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to
- Provide services to assigned clients in alignment with the
- Organize and plan work effectively.
- Apply knowledge of community resources.
- Apply knowledge of counseling and casework principles and
- Apply working knowledge of human behavior, dynamics of groups,
interpersonal relations, and social interactions.
- Apply working knowledge of social problems and their effects on
- Work collaboratively with clients, service teams, and clinical
supervisor to determine interventions.
- Coordinate services per the service plan.
- Establish and maintain effective and collaborative working
- Complete documentation within required timelines and
expectations per LSS, regulation, funders, and practice
- Maintain client records.
- Make recommendations within the client team and scope of
- Testify at legal proceedings as required by law and/or
- Attend client/recovery team meetings.
- When supervision is a program requirement, actively engage in
the clinical supervision process.
- Attend and participate in staff development programs, including
in-service training, staff meetings, and professional
- Within your scope of practice, provide consultation to
- Work a flexible weekly schedule that includes some evening
and/or weekend hours for client appointments. Work directly with
Program Supervisor or Manager to set expectations for scheduling
clients. Schedule is based on client need.
- Understand productivity expectations. Meet or exceed the
standards that have been established for the role and the
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards and Recognition Qualifications To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary
background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required,
according to program requirements.--Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:--
- Bachelor's degree in relevant area of human services.
- LSS approved examples of human service degrees include, but are
not limited to the following:
- Child Development/Family Relations
- Community Mental Health
- Substance Use
- Criminal Justice
- Marriage and Family
- Occupational Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- Social Worker
- Special Education
- Vocational Counseling CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The incumbent of this position must have a valid driver's license
and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of
the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving
record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability
to meet LSS auto insurance requirements. LANGUAGE SKILLS:--
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret to complete
required documentation by established timeframes.
- Ability to document in a neat, legible, accurate, objective and
consistent manner to reflect the services provided.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from all levels of LSS management and employees, as well
as the individual, family, and circle of support. COMPUTER
- Working knowledge of computers to allow employee to access
computer systems and applications to complete timecards, read and
respond to email, and complete required on-line training.
- Ability to utilize efficiently an electronic health record(s)
for documentation of direct services.
- Must be able to work on computer and utilize computer
applications and programs to effectively complete the job.
- Ability to work within a variety of ever-changing software
packages and computer systems. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently
bend/stoop, crouch, climb stairs and kneel. This position will
require the ability to access a variety of locations in the
community.-- The employee must react appropriately in times of
crisis that may include verbal aggression. The incumbent of this
position works in a community environment (home, office, community,
etc.). The incumbent will also be exposed to outdoor conditions
when traveling on company business. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.-- LSS is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. TRAVEL: Daily travel may
be required. Some overnight travel may be required. Travel Required
Yes. Daily travel throughout the Chippewa Valley and Surrounding
Counties Qualifications Skills Behaviors : Motivations : Education
Required Bachelor Degree or better in Hum. Serv. or Related Field.
Experience Licenses & Certifications Required Driver's License
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: LSS, Eau Claire , Human Services Professional, Other , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!