Sr Manager Project Engineering
Company: Nestle USA
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Nestlé Health Science invests in
every employee to make certain each person can reach their greatest
potential and works in an environment rooted in respect, diversity
and teamwork. We focus on empowering the patients and consumers we
serve to live healthier lives through industry leading nutrition
and nutrition-enabling solutions by keeping their needs at the
center of everything we do. We make quality and innovation our
highest priorities when delivering our trusted brands such as
BOOST®, Carnation Breakfast Essential®, Peptamen®, Compleat Organic
Blends®, Zenpep®, and many more.
We are a globally recognized leader
in the field of nutrition science with our US headquarters in
Bridgewater, NJ, and have over 5000 employees around the world.
Come join the Nestlé Health Science family and experience exciting
Nestlé Health Science offers
employees in eligible roles the opportunity to work remotely up to
100% of time, in an environment where they feel most comfortable to
achieve the best possible results. With our Flex Fit Policy, our
employees are empowered with the choice of working remotely or
working in our office, or both!
The successful candidate
must reside in a neighboring geography.
Manage stakeholders & cross-functional team whose objective is to
oversee large and complex capital investments relating to the
company's fixed assets. This could involve the relocation and
optimizing of the existing fixed asset base including maintenance
optimization and/or the purchase of new fixed assets. It may
extend from the initial conceptual studies through to project
• Coordinate and manage resources, both personnel (e.g. other
project engineers, technicians, contractors etc.) and funding, to
ensure the project or mission fulfills and meets the set objectives
defined within the approved scope.
• Propose and control the project costs in accordance with the
Capital Investment Guidelines.
• Monitor the project in accordance with the key performance
indicators, including within budget, delivered on time and
successfully handed over.
• Reviews the quality of work completed with the project team to
make sure it meets project standards.
• Evaluates performance and provide feedback to project team
members assigned to the project.
• Ensure that the requirements of the client are maintained at all
times in accordance with the business needs.
• Ensure that all projects are sustainable and designed for the
long term, resulting in a positive impact on the company ROIC.
• Ensure that all assets are well designed (i.e. plant layout,
equipment selection etc.) and fit the business purpose through
applying new technologies, proven principles, thorough design
reviews and basic science.
• Support or manage all official Value Engineering Analysis (VEA)
studies, and a VEA approach is taken to challenge the design in
order to find optimal solutions.
• Check the validity of all mandatory safety, environment, energy,
line efficiency and performance reports in respect to engineering.
Be proactive in investigating any issues relating to
non-compliance, major breakdowns and non-conformance with key
•Ensure the correct SME (Subject Matter Experts) are involved in
all 30%, 60%. 90% design reviews.
• Always ensure safe work sites and installations that are easy to
operate, clean and maintain as well as guaranteeing after
commissioning the safe, consistent manufacture/distribution of
• Ensure that the operators, mechanics, electricians etc. are
effectively trained and that the transfer of the equipment to the
client is both smooth and efficient. This includes all the
supporting documentation from the OSL team that will be required by
the Factory to operate and maintain the plant. e.g. operating
instructions, equipment manuals, plant layouts, maintenance
instructions, spare parts listing, etc.
• Support the operation of the process or plant until required
deliverables are achieved.
• Manage the allocation of all expenditures to clearly defined
assets and the entry into the assets register.
• Complete a final report on all projects and ensure that this is
circulated to the key stakeholders.
• Drive, lead Continuous improvement projects / tasks per business
needs time to time by driving effective & reliable maintenance
mindset, cost and competency development across sites
Experience and Education
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Field. (Mechanical
Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical
• Minimum 7+ years as Project Engineer managing major capital
projects over $5MM
• Supervisory experience in managing internal and external project
team members or equivalent.
• Strong experience in facilitating Change in a manufacturing
environment is critical.
• Relocation required to site of projects or corporate offices.
Ongoing travel may be required for different projects.
• Travel - 50-90% for offsite projects and 10-25% when relocated to
actual project site
• Project Management and Process Engineering experience within the
food and dairy, cosmetic, pharmaceutical or consumer products
industry is a plus.
• PMP Certification a plus
• Strong technical, managerial and leadership skills
• Project Engineering/Management
• Plant design & construction
• Equipment and construction purchasing contracts
• Permitting requirements
• In-depth knowledge of dairy processing plants and technologies,
or Pharma / similar industries. Aseptic experience a
• Hygienic and sanitary design and engineering
• 3A standards, CIP systems, Powder handling, Liquid handling,
Ammonia refrigeration systems
• Good Maintenance practices
• MS Office, MS Project, MS Excel, Basic AutoCAD, Visio
• Capital Investment Approval & Tracking (NIMT) tool
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified
applicants for employment. All applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Nestle USA, Eau Claire , Sr Manager Project Engineering, Other , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!