Company: Gustave A. Larson Company
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Title: HVAC Engineer/Designer
Location: Entire Footprint
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Gustave A. Larson Company is the Midwest, Plains, and Mountain
States leading wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation, Air
Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, parts, and
supplies. Our business philosophy is to focus on serving the needs
of our customers, with a value-added, professional and enthusiastic
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, this position
will provide application engineering, design, and application
technical customer support for all product lines for both internal
and external customers.
HVAC Design, equipment selection, system application, design
technical support, code assessment, drafting, and plan submittal.
Provide all services identified by Federal, State, and Local Codes.
Assist in the development and submission of plans as, and/or by the
Supervising Professional on all designs submitted to the State,
Local, or Municipal plan approval agencies. Manage the change order
process for all projects through completion. As growth is an
important part of the organization, other duties may be
Prepare drawings for customers showing necessary equipment,
accessories, and other applicable technical information. Prepare
single line drawings for quoting purposes. Develop design solutions
that meet performance requirements. Provide heating and cooling
load calculations for HVAC and refrigeration applications. Assist
in the development of Bill Of Materials. Develop work product for
external and internal customers. Use PC-based drawing software when
applicable (AutoCAD). Stay current with all appropriate national,
state and local codes as they apply to the products sold and their
applications. Work in a virtual engineering environment with
coordination between all design stakeholders. Complete in a timely
manner all company required reports.
- Enthusiasm, initiative, creativity, leadership, teamwork and
confidentiality are important attributes for this individual.
- Requires the ability to operate office equipment to include a
computer and keyboard, telephone, copier, fax, calculator,
- Capable and willing to collaborate in a virtual engineering
- Knowledge of drawing software (AutoCAD), word processing (MS
Word), Spreadsheet (MS Excel), and presentation (MS Power Point)
- Professionalism, excellent communication skills, exceptional
project planning and management, and a mechanical aptitude are
critical to this position.
- Capacity to prioritize duties in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer relation skills and business acumen are imperative for
success in this position.
Education and Experience
- Associate's Degree in HVAC, or equivalent education and work
- Professional Engineering license or HVAC Designer's permit is a
- Working knowledge of commercial HVAC systems engineering and
application is essential.
- Commitment to continued education and professional
- Travel to job sites required as necessary.
Other Skills and Abilities
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge,
skills and/or abilities required. To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: Gustave A. Larson Company, Eau Claire , HVAC Engineer/Designer, Other , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!