CFO/Controller Outsourcing Leader - Eau Claire/Western Wisconsin
Company: Clifton Larson Allen
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The CFO/Controller Outsourcing Leader performs a combination of
Controller and/or CFO functions as part of the client's outsourced
accounting services team. Our Western Wisconsin Region is looking
to hire a leader for our Business Operations Private Sector group.
This leader will anchor the private sector group in providing
Controller and CFO services to existing business, as well as, being
the face of CLA's private sector practice in the community, driving
business development and building an infrastructure of talent to
support that growth. This position would preferably operate out of
our Eau Claire office.
The incumbent is accountable for acting as and managing the
designated function(s) for the client. S/he is also accountable for
identifying and implementing best practices related to the
service(s) provided to add value to the client. Develops full
knowledge of GAAP (FASB/SFAS) and deep understanding of financial
and operational aspects of his/her specific industry.
Controller Primary Responsibilities
- Develops internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures
for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit
management, and accounting.
- Coordinates and directs the financial planning, budgeting,
procurements, or investment activities for all or part of an
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of accounting and other
financial staff, recommending and implementing actions.
- Prepare and file annual tax returns or financial
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial
objectives, policies, and actions.
- Prepare, or direct preparation of financial statements,
business activity reports, financial position forecasts, budgets,
or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of
surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, and
prepares budgets. Ability to supervise and develop staff on a small
number of clients. Excellent technical ability.
Chief Financial Officer Primary Responsibilities
- Works with client to set financial policy and is an active
participant in, and driver of, the overall strategy.
- Leads financial administration, planning, and budgeting.
- Frequently partners with client's leadership on operational and
strategic issues as they arise, providing recommendations based on
financial analysis of projections, cost identification and
allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Oversees longer-term budget planning and cost management.
Monitors progress of budgets and presents operational metrics.
- Ensures financial staff maintains financial record systems in
accordance with appropriate principles and monitors the use of
- Manages cash flow and forecasting, directing financial
accounting. Coordinates audit activities.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple client
engagements. Builds strong client relationships and becomes a key
member of client management team.
- Ability to develop key external business network and becomes
service and industry thought leader.
- Maintains knowledge of client's organizational policies and
procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current
The Controller & CFO reports directly to the Outsourcing
Principal in charge of the client. S/he regularly interacts with
Managing Principals, industry Principals, service Principals, and
other functional groups within CLA and at the client site. S/he
supervises accounting services staff which may include CLA
accounting services staff, client accounting services staff, or
- Minimum of 10 years' relative work experience as a CFO,
Controller, Accounting Manager, or equivalent work.
- Experience working with private industry
- Experience working with small- to mid- size businesses (around
the $10-50M revenue).
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required.
- CPA highly preferred.
Shortly after you apply you will receive an invitation with
additional information. CLA has partnered with Pymetrics to allow
you to showcase your potential and help us get to know you a little
better. The Pymetrics games take 20-30 minutes to complete and
there are no right or wrong answers - so we hope you have fun!
Following completion of the Pymetrics games, CLA will view the
Pymetrics results alongside other information as part of the
application review process.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients,
and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/
Keywords: Clifton Larson Allen, Eau Claire , CFO/Controller Outsourcing Leader - Eau Claire/Western Wisconsin, Other , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!