Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Title: Delivery Person FLSA: Non-Exempt
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service.
Delivers product to customers. Responsible for store cleanliness,
inside and out.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director;
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant
Managers; Department Managers; Online Shopping Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment
- Delivers products to customers, collects payment, and makes
change for payment when necessary.
- Returns payments and beginning cash to store.
- Maintains food and groceries at proper temperature in
accordance with food safety standards and to ensure food quality
and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as
- Facilitates the maintenance and upkeep to delivery
Education and Experience
No specific education required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote
the values of the company
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact
with people in a friendly, professional manner
- Ability to identify problems, develop and execute
- Have the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies verbally or in writing
This position is continually exposed to dust, noise, temperature
extremes, dampness, vibrations, and equipment movement hazard.
There is significant work pace/pressure to deliver product in a
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Delivery vehicle, telephone
Employees must possess a valid driver's license, with no DOT
restrictions, and be 18 years or older to drive a company
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near
range with or without correction
- Must be physically able to perform medium work: occasionally
lifting or carrying objects of no more than 50 pounds, with
frequent standing, walking, and lifting/carrying of objects of no
more than 25 pounds
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing and repetitive motions
- Must be physically able to enter and exit a delivery vehicle
many times a day, traverse staircases and other rough terrain to
reach delivery destination
Responsible for payments received for delivery of products when
Has daily contact with store personnel, customers, and the
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Eau Claire , Delivery Driver, Other , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!