Nestlé Health Science invests in
every employee to make certain each person can reach their greatest
potential and works in an environment rooted in respect, diversity
and teamwork. We focus on empowering the patients and consumers we
serve to live healthier lives through industry leading nutrition
and nutrition-enabling solutions by keeping their needs at the
center of everything we do. We make quality and innovation our
highest priorities when delivering our trusted brands such as
BOOST®, Carnation Breakfast Essential®, Peptamen®, Compleat Organic
Blends®, Zenpep®, and many more.
We are a globally recognized leader
in the field of nutrition science with our US headquarters in
Bridgewater, NJ, and have over 5000 employees around the world.
Come join the Nestlé Health Science family and experience exciting
Nestlé Health Science offers
employees in eligible roles the opportunity to work remotely up to
100% of time, in an environment where they feel most comfortable to
achieve the best possible results. With Flex Fit, our employees are
empowered with the choice of working remotely or working in our
office, or both!
This position supports all HR-related activities including but not
limited to employee and talent development, employee
relations/labor relations, policy and contract interpretation,
compensation administration, staffing, legal compliance, succession
planning and employee reporting.
• Works collaboratively with employees and managers and provides
guidance on various issues including but not limited to labor and
employee relations issues, interpretation of plant policies and
practices, questions related to the Collective Bargaining
Agreement, performance management and investigations, benefits and
• Conducts employee grievance activity, meets with union
representatives and provides guidance to management.
• Partners with management in drafting and reviewing corrective
action and performance improvement plans
• Supports Nestlé Continuous Excellence by participating in and
coaching Shift Hand Off (SHOs’), Weekly Operational Reviews
(WORs’), and Monthly Operational Reviews (MORs’), taking the lead
on action items when appropriate, participating in 5S initiatives,
and supporting Education & Training (E&T) pillar
• Spends time on the production floor to maintain positive rapport,
answer questions, and proactively address issues
• Serves as point-of-contact between employees and Nestlé Service
Center on escalated employee issues. Identifies potential
issues, offers advice and provide solutions.
• Develop and execute people processes that attract, train, and
retain employees to support the organization's short- and long-term
• Tracks corrective action plans and exit interview data to
determine trends and recommend possible solutions to reduce
organizational risk and improve employee engagement
• Assist with identification of training initiatives for the site
with support from Corporate Learning Management Team.
• Assists in the recruitment efforts and new hire processes
including but not limited to: coordination of openings, development
of job descriptions and job success profiles, diversity recruitment
strategies, interview candidates, review job offers, write
announcements, and liaison with the hiring manager and the
• Participate in other Human Resource projects, duties and
continuous improvement initiatives.
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives &
• Follow the plant safety rules, report incidents & unsafe
• Maintain compliance with regulations and refer to the Safety &
Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take
action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper,
electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials
(paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives &
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices, report food safety
and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations and refer to Nestle Quality
Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as
indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
• Develops reviews, interprets, and implements employee policies
and procedures. Maintains legal compliance under the
direction of the HR Manager. Actively engaged in NCE/TPM
Experience and Education
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or related field
• 5 years of experience in HR related role. Experience in a
union environment is a plus.
• Knowledge of employment law and applications.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including off-shift hours up to
25% of time
• Microsoft Office; HRIS systems – SAP preferred.
• Ability to deal effectively with employees / management,
requiring high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse
emotionally charged issues and to collect accurate information to
resolve conflicts or issues.
• Ability to work closely with management.
• Strong analytical, conceptual thinking, problem-solving and
• Ability to read, listen and communicate verbally and in writing
to effectively impact the organization
• Must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, be
detail-oriented and have the ability to manage time effectively and
work autonomously as well as collaboratively in a team
• Must have a strong sense of urgency and be able to work in a
fast-paced environment and be able to multi-task.
• Must be flexible and adaptable, and have the ability to stay
focused and positive in a changing environment.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal
employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking
diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status.