Company: Silver Spring Foods Inc.
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Silver Spring Foods, Inc., located in Eau Claire, WI, provides
premium specialty products for food enthusiasts to embolden cuisine
and make food more flavorful.
Silver Spring Foods is the world's largest grower and processor of
horseradish. We've been adding 'zing' to food for over 90 years. We
take pride in the products we make and believe in the enrichment of
people's lives. We provide farm-to-table mustards, sauces, and
horseradish products. Our state of the art manufacturing facility,
private label experience, and production versatility position
Silver Spring as a premier co-packer.
Job Description SummaryThe basic function of the Quality Supervisor
is to supervise and support the maintenance of strict quality
control standard for the Operations Department, ensuring that food
safety practices are followed throughout the production process.
Responsible for supporting activities to ensure food safety,
integrity, legality and quality by serving as a member of the
following internal groups:
- Food Safety Team
- Corrective Actions Team
- Production Management
- Quality Task Force
- Food Security/Defense
- BRC Team
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe duties and responsibilities of a
Quality Supervisor shall consist of, but not be limited to the
- Ensures that all formulas and finished product are monitored on
a scheduled basis to maintain set quality control standards.
- Ensures that product is sampled for microbiological testing as
required and microbiological results are within
- Works in cooperation with Research & Development in determining
efficient testing and/or inspection points, timetables, and
- Reviews reports for out of spec results and works with other
departments to address as necessary
- Ensures that the Quality Manager is kept informed of daily
results or any lapse or potential lapse in quality standards.
- Directly supervises the activities & actions of the Quality
Control Technicians, Quality Auditors, QA Inspectors and QA
- Responsible for training, scheduling, coaching and handling
corrective actions for Quality Control Technicians, Quality
Auditors, QA Inspectors and QA Specialists.
- Completes performance evaluations on direct reports as
specified by the company policy.
- Responsible for conducting quality audits of the facility to
ensure compliance with the locations policies and procedures.
- Ensures completion of CCP documentation and any CCP related
- Maintains the calibration program for all lab equipment.
- Assists Quality Manager with the development and implementation
of quality policies and procedures necessary to ensures compliance
with intent of the BRC standard
- Assists Quality Manager with plant wide quality and food safety
- Assists Quality Manger in the investigation of consumer
complaints, product non-conformance and internal
- Periodically evaluates all equipment for defect that could lead
to quality control problems. Makes recommendations for repair or
replacement to the Quality Manager.
- Actively participates in all inspections including customer,
third party, state, and federal.
- Ensures that any pests or pest control issues are quickly
handled routinely and monitored for effectiveness.
- Respects the confidentiality of customer and employee
- Stresses the importance of safety on the job to all
- Conducts DuPont STOP Safety Audits.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative, professional, and
positive working relationship with all personnel and management
levels. Ensures that effective working relationships are
established among the Quality staff and other departments for clear
open lines of communication
- Supports and enforces company guidelines, policies, procedures,
and work rules in a consistent, professional manner. Demonstrates
good judgment and reasoning when investigating and solving
problems; shows ability to tactfully handle difficult
- Meets regularly with all assigned personnel in an effort to
keep them informed of general activities and any pertinent
information required for efficient operation on a daily basis.
- Recommends training programs to ensure Quality personnel are
well aware of their duties, authority and responsibility.
- Performs all duties in an independent manner with minimal
direction and supervision.
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed
although not directly assigned.
- Performs work duties and responsibilities in accordance with
Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Is flexible to work hours beyond and/or outside regular
schedule to ensure proper coverage for the position when
- Demonstrates behaviors in accordance with the 30 Fundamentals
of the Huntsinger Way.
- Performs additional duties & responsibilities as
necessary.RequirementsEducation & Work ExperienceRequired: High
school diploma and three to five years experience in quality or
laboratory for a food processing company, or related work
experience, along with supervisory experience.Preferred: Associate
or Bachelor of Science degree in microbiology, food science,
biology or other related science field. Five to seven years
experience in quality or laboratory for a food processing company
or related work experience, along with supervisory experience.
Licensing, Registration, CertificationRequired: Drivers
licensePreferred: HACCP Training Certification, GFSI Certification
(BRC Preferred), PCQI Certification
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Familiar with all basic aspects of quality control.
- Needs to understand basic microbiology, equipment hygiene
practices, & product shelf life.
- Must have ability to understand and interface with production
- Strong computer skills
- Supervisory skills
- Understands how to deal effectively with people at all
- Demonstrates effective problem solving, root-cause analytical
- Strong organizational skills
Physical, Mental and Visual Skills
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, climbing over
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must hear well enough to converse on telephone, must see well
enough to read reports.
- Must comprehend technical, microbiological reports, such as
standard plate count, bacterial identification, and shelf life
- Must read and write English at High School level.
- Must be able to communicate ideas and instructions effectively
both orally and in writing.
Working ConditionsNormal manufacturing environment with wet floors
at times, and laboratory setting, both in and out of doors,
Annual ReviewJob descriptions will be reviewed by the senior
manager in the department to which the position belongs on an
annual basis. Employees will be required to acknowledge/sign their
job description on an annual basis.
We offer a competitive wage, along with a full benefits package,
including medical, dental, 401(k) with company match, paid
holidays, generous paid time off and a tuition reimbursement
Keywords: Silver Spring Foods Inc., Eau Claire , Quality Supervisor, Other , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!