Company: Metal-Craft / Riverside
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Set up and operates a variety of CNC machines, Swiss machines,
and manual turning machines to perform a series of machining
operations as defined in the job routings such as turning, boring,
threading, and facing on metal and plastic work pieces.
*Machinists will be asked to run a variety of different machines.
These machines include Verticals, Horizontals, Swiss, and Turning.
-The following information includes the duties and responsibilities
involved with these various machines.*
* Reads and understands blueprint, job routings, tooling
instructions, and standard charts for such specifications as
dimensions, tolerances, and tooling instructions such as type of
holding fixtures, cutting speeds, feed rates, and cutting tools to
* Load and set tools while understanding run out, tool length stick
outs, and proper holder based on what the tool is doing.
* Positions and secures tools in toolholders on turret and cross
* Write programs in FANUC and/or YASNAC language to set specified
rotation speeds, feed rates, and depth of cuts. Also, edit programs
with proper approval and manually program at the machine when
* Load and send programs.
* Recognize, understand and properly adjust dull or chipped
* Able to set and adjust work offsets, tool wear lengths, and comp
* Indexes turret and adjusts workshift offsets of tools at each
* Must be able to run more than one machine where cycle time
* Perform Quality Control Characteristics documentation of
tolerance zones specified on blueprints.
* Set up and operate machine tools which would include 4th axis
machines and 5th axis machines.
* Set up and operate machine tools and machines, make fixtures, and
assemble fixtures- for experimental purposes.
* Able to modify tools as needed.
* Straighten plates and parts as needed with Arbor press.
* Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
* Two-year certificate in Machine Tool from college or technical
* At least 5 years experience in a similar position in a machine
shop and /or training is preferred.
* Ability to read blueprints and working knowledge of GD&T.
* Must have strong organizational skills and attention to
* Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication
* Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to shifting
* Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills and the
ability to think independently.
* Personnel performing acceptance activities of product shall have
natural or corrected near-vision acuity of 20/20 in at least one
eye per Titmus screening or equivalent.
*This position is eligible for shift pay + base hourly pay. -*
*Hours: Mon-Thurs 3:15 pm to 1:45 am + overtime*
You should be proficient in:
* Manual machining
Machines & technologies you'll use:
* CNC Mill (3-4 axis VMC)
* CNC Lathe (2-4 axis)
* CNC Swiss Lathe
* CNC Mill (5+ axis VMC)
* CNC Lathe (5+ axis)
Keywords: Metal-Craft / Riverside, Eau Claire , CNC Machinist, Other , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!