Company: Sonoco Products Co,
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Eau Claire, WI
Shift: 7 AM - 3:30 PM with optional OT / 10-hour shifts can be an
option as well.
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly
collaborative culture. Global success hasn't changed our tight-knit
feel - we've simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We
have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our
associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in
another company - it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the shift supervisor, as an Assembler I you will
be responsible for efficiently, effectively, accurately and safely
working with corrugated, foam, wood, and hardware materials to
assemble customer fabricated packaging to customer specifications.
Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success.
You must have a proven record of success in a fast-paced
environment. You must have the ability to work with various teams
and have a good eye to spot defects in the packing line. You will
take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities,
organizational skills and attention to detail.
Day to day responsibilities include:
* Closely follow all order and quality instructions: CQS,
production print, production packet, etc.
* Ensure all safety, quality, and operating procedures are followed
at all times.
* Accurately report product data: piece count, times, work order #,
etc. and maintain records as required.
* Dispose of scrap by baling, disposing or storing in designated
area as required.
* Take required measurements using a tape measure, or other
measuring device or gauge, and work from drawings, prints and specs
* Maintaining a safe, clean and organized work area (good
* Maintain and document quality checks confirming specifications
for each job ran, including 1st piece and periodic checks.
* Performing all duties as designated by supervisor/manager -
communicate all quality, personnel, machine, and tool issues to
* Assist in Physical inventory at month end, year-end, and during
This position is in our integrated materials plant in beautiful Eau
Claire, Wisconsin. We are producing custom packaging.
* We expect you to be Sonoco mission driven
* Previous experience in packing/warehousing is extremely
* You have to have a "get it done" attitude and an urgency to
* To succeed in this role you will need excellent written and
verbal communication skills
* You need to have working knowledge of our products and their
* Being reliable, having good initiative, being committed, and
being quality focused is a must.
* You will need to be able to lift up to 25 lbs. as needed.
* Having the ability to effectively work with a team in a
fast-paced environment is crucial to success.
* You will need to have the ability to read and understand
* You will need to able to perform repetitious duties, and standing
for long periods of time.
* You will need to have the ability to work quickly while
maintaining a high level of craftsmanship and attention to
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That
is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it
easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you
and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and
do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any
other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national
origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital
status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic
information, veteran status, or any legally protected
Keywords: Sonoco Products Co,, Eau Claire , Assembler I, Other , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!