Value Stream Supervisor
Company: Gast Manufacturing
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: November 19, 2022
If you're looking for a special place to build or grow your
career, you've found it. Whether you're an experienced
professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between,
IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn
new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales,
supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40
diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something
special for you.
Who is GAST Manufacturing?
As a business unit of IDEX Corporation, GAST Manufacturing has a
long history of being the leader in design and manufacturing of
quality air-moving products. We specialize in offering cost
effective solutions for a wide variety of industries including
industrial manufacturing, healthcare, and environmental cleanup
applications. We are looking to add more talent to our team.
Scope of Role: Responsible for the supervising and sustaining
assigned value streams. Demonstrated success in applying basics of
Lean: Single piece flow, setup time reduction, inventory reduction,
5S, etc... Will supervise both machining and assembly teams, while
maintaining positive employee relations, team-oriented problem
solving and be responsible for administering employee discipline
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of production and
workers, including coordinating the production schedule
- Responsible for Safety and 5S in assigned value stream
- Responsible for team building and skill development of the
employees in the value stream areas assigned.
- Responsible for monitoring each production associate's daily
attendance and timecards for accuracy, and approval.
- Provides regular feedback and performance management to team -
administers correction when necessary
- Daily Value Stream Walk:
- Looking for proper flow, disruptions to flow, (identify on
issue board), and adherence to standard work instructions.
- Coaching employees, defect data collection, and talking with
operators about disruptions and ideas on continuous
- Improve key metrics : Safety, Quality, OTD, Schedule
Attainment, Units Per Man Hour, and Productivity
- Manage Value Stream Board - ensure processes are implemented
- Works with other value stream owners and managers to develop
and administer consistent departmental and corporate policies.
- Write and conduct develop plans for employees within value
Measures of Performance:
- Creates and sustains training and implements rotation of
employees for cross training and career development.
- Improves On Time Delivery by managing staffing and increased
units per hour
- Improves 6S audit scores
- Increase Employee Engagement survey results by 5% from previous
- Demonstrates experience and knowledge in the manufacturing
and/or industrial industry
- Self-starter, maintains high ethical standards
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work well under pressure and time constraints
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Exceptional analytical interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate computers and proficient in MSOffice
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates proficiency in verbal and written
- Capable of following verbal and written instructions
- Ability to learn, understand and apply basic cost accounting
- Possess organization skills
Education and Experience Requirements or Equivalencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Industrial or Manufacturing
Engineering and or equivalent experience with at least one (1) year
demonstrated success in supervision OR
- Associates Degree in Business or Engineering with at least
three (3) years demonstrated success in supervision or
manufacturing technical support OR
- At least five (5) years demonstrated success in manufacturing
- At least five (5) years GAST Product experience with at least
one (1) year demonstrated success in supervision OR
- At least 10 years of experience directly supervising a team in
- Demonstrates knowledge of Lean processes, tools, and one piece
- Demonstrates knowledge of manufacturing processes,
Must have the ability to work varying shifts, including
Possesses technical aptitude and mental/physical/visual acuity.
Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Ability to life 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds
Environmental Health & Safety
Code of Conduct
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people,
our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing
trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action
Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic
information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected
category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws
Keywords: Gast Manufacturing, Eau Claire , Value Stream Supervisor, Other , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!