Early Childhood Workforce Engagement Specialist
Company: Wisconsin Early Childhood Association
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Wisconsin Early Childhood Association is a statewide, nonprofit
association serving as a professional association whose members
care for and educate Wisconsin's children, aged birth to eight. We
are affiliated with the National Association for the Education of
Wisconsin Early Childhood Association works to build a foundation
for a lifetime of learning for Wisconsin's young children by
promoting excellence in early education programs, supporting
professionalism in the early childhood workforce, and calling for
greater investment in quality early child care. WECA's mission is
to meet the professional needs of adults who nurture and teach
Wisconsin's young children through a rich continuum of
The Early Childcare Education Workforce Engagement Specialist will
play a critical role in increasing WECA's membership, engaging ECE
providers and supporting Raising Wisconsin's advocacy efforts
throughout the state. WECA works to advance positive change for
children by supporting the professionals who provide care for well
over 70% of Wisconsin's children. The ECE field is in crisis mode
with a much-needed state investment and support given to sustain
their programs. This position is responsible for establishing and
maintaining relationships with the early childhood workforce, WECA
chapter leaders, members, and others to achieve WECA and Raising
Wisconsin's membership and advocacy goals.
_*This is a hybrid position with you working from your home office
and going out into the community to meet with early childcare
providers. This position covers the state of Wisconsin*_
_*Living in the state of Wisconsin is required for this
By joining our amazing team, you help WECA carry out its important
mission and in return, here is what we will do for you.
- 10 days of vacation - *in your first year*
- 12 Sick days- *per year and can bank up to 240 hours*
- 13 paid Holidays
- Life insurance, Short term & Long term Disability-*all company
- Medical Insurance with HRA- *company pays 70% of your medical
deductible and prescriptions*
- Dental Insurance- *company paid*
- Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending/Dependent Care Account
- 401K- Company matches up to 3%
- WECA is closed the week between Christmas and New Year's all paid
*Duties & Responsibilities: *
- Work in partnership with Director of Raising WI, WECA Advocacy
committee and Membership Director to engage ECE workforce in
advocacy efforts and fully participate in local, regional and
statewide membership activities
- Serve as an ambassador to and a voice for the early childhood
workforce at all levels of the organization and represent Raising
Wisconsin in ECE meetings when appropriate (i.e. Child Care
- Directs activities to increase ECE workforce and member
participation in membership and/or advocacy efforts.
- Plan and design regional and chapter membership and advocacy
events based on the interests generated by the workforce and
members. This could include member participation in advocacy
efforts, and regional and chapter events.
- Conducts presentations and training sessions at local, regional,
state, and chapter events and meetings on behalf of WECA and/or
Raising WI on membership, advocacy and/or public policy efforts
that impact the ECE profession.
- Provides regular updates and reports on member advocacy
developments to WECA leaders, members, WECA advocacy committee
and/or Raising WI teams.
- Increase chapter engagement within key legislative districts
- Partner with WECA departments to engage ECE providers in
membership and advocacy opportunities
- Assist with the other duties as requested
*WECA Community Responsibilities: *
- Contribute to the creation of a positive work environment,
reflecting a team environment.
- Demonstrate constructive interpersonal skills.
- Participate in professional development relative to work
performance and professional growth.
- Participate actively in team and organizational functions.
- Conduct self in a professional manner within the Early Childhood
Education community and WECA's extended network.
*Education & Required Skills: *
- Associate degree in Early Childhood or related field with 1 to 3
years of experience working in the early care and education
- Strong working knowledge and connections in the early childhood
care and education systems statewide.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, facilitating
meetings, presenting workshops, on the phone and in writing
- Ability to work independently, attend to detail-oriented work and
multiple tasks, identify needs, contribute to creative solutions,
and problem solve
- Familiarity with computer usages and programs
- Ability to travel within the state, (reliable automobile at their
disposal and valid WI driver's license), attend evening meetings
and occasionally travel out of state as program representative
Wisconsin Early Childhood Association (WECA) does not discriminate
in employment on the basis of age, race, religion, color, handicap,
sex, physical condition, development disability, sexual orientation
or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Do you have a strong working knowledge and connections in the
early childhood education system statewide?
* Associate (Preferred)
* Early childhood education: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road%58047475%
Keywords: Wisconsin Early Childhood Association, Eau Claire , Early Childhood Workforce Engagement Specialist, Other , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!