Infection Preventionist/ Wound Care Coordinator
Company: ENCOMPASS HEALTH
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Infection Preventionist (IP) directs managerial functions of
planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing, monitoring, and
evaluating the Infection Control Program. The IP has the authority
of the Medical Staff and Governing Body to take necessary steps to
prevent and/or control the acquisition and transmission of
infectious agents in the patient, staff, and visitor
The Infection Preventionist is responsible for the surveillance,
analysis, and reporting of hospital acquired infections; education
of employees about infection control; and development of
organizational infection control standards that meet state and
federal regulatory and accrediting bodies, CDC, OSHA, and APIC
Wound Care Coordinator
The Wound Care Coordinator directs, organizes, and develops all
wound care services in accordance with applicable federal, state,
regulatory, and company standards to ensure the delivery of quality
patient care is rendered at all times, and that the plan of care
and physician orders are followed with regard to wound care
treatments. This position functions independently, demonstrates
above-average communication skills and personal integrity, and
works effectively with patients, family members, physicians, staff,
and outside agencies as required. The Wound Care Coordinator leads
hospital wound education efforts, as well as educates patients and
family members on wounds and wound care topics. While this position
does not specifically supervise clinical staff, as the leader of
the wound care program in the hospital, this person does direct
clinical teams on wound care treatment. This position requires
continuous updating of education and treatment techniques in the
delivery of wound care.
Job Code: 100139
License or Certification:
- RN, Physical Therapist, or Occupational Therapist required for
acute rehab hospitals
- RN required for long term acute care hospitals
- CPR certification required
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Continuous updating of wound care knowledge through seminars and
professional organizations is required
- Minimum One Year experience in wound care
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing
a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes participating in patient
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Address: 900 West Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire 54701
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: STEAU119
Keywords: ENCOMPASS HEALTH, Eau Claire , Infection Preventionist/ Wound Care Coordinator, Other , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!