Material Handler- $19.61 hr.
Company: Sonoco Products Co,
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Position: Material Handler
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Shift: 7 AM 3:30 PM with optional OT / 10-hour shifts can be an
option as well.
While reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will be
responsible for the movement of raw materials into and finished
goods out of the production areas in an efficient and safe manner
with the use of LP forklifts. This will always be done following
all applicable safety procedures (use of PPE as required).
Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success.
You must have a proven record of success in a continuous-paced
environment. You must have the ability to work with various team
members and departments. Your personal hands-on and analytical
abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail will be
important performance factors for you to be successful in this
What you will be doing:
* Prior to storage, review all finish good cartons, bags and
bundles for proper labels, packaging, banding and stretch wrap
according to customer specifications and company procedures.
* Maintain inventory count on products and materials as
* Frequently communicate with shipping staff and other shifts as
* Maintain clean and orderly storage of all materials in our
warehouses, per company and quality procedures.
* Serve as relief inspector/packer during breaks and lunch periods
* Perform all duties in support of Sonoco's quality and safety
* Maintain all appropriate inspections, quality procedures and
documentation as required.
* Assist shipping department loading/unloading trailers.
* Other duties as assigned
We'd love to hear from you if:
* We expect you to be Sonoco mission driven.
* Previous experience in packing/warehousing is required.
* Must pass forklift operation and safety training and obtain
* You need to possess a "get it done" attitude and a sense of
urgency to resolve any problems/tasks.
* To succeed in this position, you will need excellent written and
verbal communication skills.
* Being reliable, having good initiative, being committed, and
being quality focused is a must.
* You must be able to perform all physical requirements, including
but not limited to bending, lifting, stretching, stooping,
reaching, and working in ambient summertime temperatures.
* Having the ability to effectively work with other team members in
a continuous paced environment.
* You will need to have the ability to read and understand
* You will need to able to perform various duties, including
stretch wrapping, printing of production labels, filling out
various paperwork used for quality control and shipping
* You will need to have the ability to work efficiently while
maintaining a high level of prioritization of job tasks and
attention to detail.
* Prior forklift experience is required.
* Ability to bend and lift up to 50 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and
do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any
other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national
origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital
status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic
information, veteran status, or any legally protected
Keywords: Sonoco Products Co,, Eau Claire , Material Handler- $19.61 hr., Professions , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!