Sales & Operations Trainee
Company: Viking Electric Supply
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Sales & Operations Trainee(Electrical Distribution Trainee)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Viking Electric has an awesome opportunity to start a rewarding
career in the Electrical Distribution Industry as a Sales &
Operations Trainee.This position is responsible for learning our
business from the ground up and understanding Viking Electric's
value proposition in preparation for a future career.The duties and
responsibilities of this position include:
- Learn and understand the systems and programs necessary to
provide high service levels to our customers and to maintain the
operation of the Viking location and its inventory.
- Gain product and application knowledge of materials sold by
Viking while working at the City Desk, utilizing individual
training from location manager and co-workers.
- Work with location account managers and/or account reps to meet
their customers'' needs and providing back-up responsibilities to
sales associates, as necessary.
- Maximize sales and profitability by knowing the marketplace,
competition, understanding customers'' needs and up-selling, while
working closely with the Marketing & Materials group.
- Provide support to the store/operations manager in the
operation of the location. Receive and stock material on shelves,
maintain showroom and warehouse areas to provide a clean and safe
environment to shop and work in.
- Execute an ongoing professional training plan by actively
participating in all job related and company training,
informational seminars, business meetings, and job shadowing.
Progress through trainee program by following the training template
and meeting regularly with an assigned Viking Electric mentor.
- Strong math aptitude, organizational, time management and
- Excellent verbal & written communication-plus the ability to
create, compose and edit written documentation.
- Strong computer/technology skills including Microsoft Office,
Microsoft Teams, RF Technology and Viking's ERP system.
- Good understanding of market, competitors, products, and
services. Solid selling skills and the ability to work
- Basic understanding of financial information and effective
- Must be self-directed and able to prioritize your day.
- must have a valid driver's license and be able to travel to
other Viking Electric locations
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in business related field is
- Past sales/customer service experience preferred
- Experience in a warehouse and/or operations setting
- Viking is ready to train on all electrical product
REASONS TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Earning Potential: You can expect to earn a wage that is
competitive and provides a reliable/steady paycheck.
- Development: Associates who began in our warehouse have grown
and become active in other areas of the business such as
leadership, operations, HR, and sales.
- Benefits: Our full-time associates are eligible for a range of
benefits including, health care, 401 (k) savings plan, dental,
vision, paid time off, and lots more.
- Engagement: Our warehouse environment is fast paced and keeps
you actively engaged.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and
inclusion at our company.
Check out the Viking Electric LinkedIn Company Page for more
company info and insights from our associates.
Viking Electric is a wholesale electrical distributor and solutions
provider with 23 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Chicago,
Ill. The company was founded in 1964, in St. Paul, Minnesota to
serve the needs of the electrical industry. Viking Electric serves
residential and commercial electrical contractors, industrial,
tool, and related markets. The company stocks more than 30,000
products from 400 manufacturers including electrical supplies,
lighting, power tools, hand tools, wire and cable, automation, data
com, switchgear, and more. Viking Electric is a Sonepar Company.
Viking Electric is an M/F/Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer
Keywords: Viking Electric Supply, Eau Claire , Sales & Operations Trainee, Sales , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!