Community Supported Living Agent - Part-Time
Company: Lutheran Social Services
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Lutheran Social Services (LSS) is a private, non-profit, human
service agency providing a variety of services throughout Wisconsin
and Upper Michigan. Over the years, LSS has grown to become one of
the largest human service agencies in the two state area serving
more than 125,000 clients annually. We are looking for passionate,
mission-driven individuals like you to help provide services
including outpatient behavioral health management, international,
domestic and special needs adoptions, older adult services, support
services for children, youth and families, community corrections
programs and support services for adults with disabilities and/or
mental health concerns.
Motivated by the compassion of Christ, we help people improve the
quality of their lives. Does this describe your personal mission
statement? Are you motivated to serve by sharing your talents? If
you would like to help us achieve our mission, please apply for the
Do you want to make a positive change in your community? The
Community Supported Living Agents provide support to individuals
with disabilities, who are aging or have mental illness as they
strive for independence. The Community Supported Living Agent
provides individualized support, problem solving, companionship,
and guidance to individuals in their homes. This is a part time
position between 10-30 hours a week. At 30 hours per week, LSS
employees are eligible for full-time benefits eligible status.
The Community Supported Living Agent provides individualized
support, problem solving, companionship, and guidance to
individuals in their homes. Promotes an individual's independence,
in a home of their choice, with supports of their choice, and a
lifestyle of their choice. Performs other duties as required.
At Lutheran Social Services of WI and Upper MI, the health and
safety of our colleagues and clients is our top priority! LSS is
regularly reviewing OSHA and CDC recommendations and guidelines to
stay abreast of the ever changing Covid-19 pandemic. LSS employees
are currently required to mask regardless of vaccination status
when indoors and in the presence of clients or colleagues.
Employees are expected to adhere to agency protocols.
Examples of services Expected may include (These are examples, not
all inclusive, and all services may not be provided by an
- Independent Living Skills (e.g. daily living skills - cleaning,
hygiene, community engagement)
- Medication Monitoring - Non-Prescriber (e.g. delivery
medications to improve compliance, review and teach clients about
the medications/potential side effects)
AGENCY REQUIREMENTS (Required of all employees):
- Must comply with applicable service regulations as well as
agency and departmental policies and procedures.
- Must relate to people of varied ethnic and cultural
backgrounds, ages, and economic circumstances with respect and
- Must support the Mission, Vision and Values of the
- Represent LSS internally and externally as a servant leader in
thought, words and actions.
DIRECT SERVICE REQUIREMENTS (Required of all employees providing
- Promote client independence and growth, consistent with the
- Provide services using a trauma-informed and person and/or
- Provide services utilizing agency approved and supported
evidence-based practices that have been indicated by the funder
- Accurately complete time reporting.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and
may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as
management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Encourage and support personal life experience as determined by
- Work with and support the individual to explore opportunities
to develop meaningful participation and relationships in their
- Support the individual to develop their circle of support and
to host meetings with their circle of support.
- Actively participate as a member of the individual's circle of
- Promote and educate the individual on how to utilize community
- Promote an independent lifestyle through continued skill
- Foster best possible health through teaching and supporting
personal hygiene and other health needs.
- Recognize and work with the individual to problem solve safety
- Recognize and resolve safety issues related to the person
receiving services and take appropriate action.
- Complete documentation and reporting for client, funder and/or
LSS in a timely manner.
- Participate in LSS meetings as necessary.
- Participate in training as assigned and identify additional
- Expect, support, promote and manage change.
- Commit to support the individual to control her/his own
- Initiate cooperative problem solving with the
- Assist people to make informed choices.
- Manage crisis situations effectively using internal and
- Mediate disputes.
- Ability to accept/follow through with direction, and recognize
- Expected to understand productivity expectations and meet those
standards that have been established for the role and the
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- LSS makes annual raises a priority for employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards and Recognition
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the
necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks
required, according to program requirements. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or GED equivalency is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- The incumbent of this position must have a valid driver's
license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential
duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory
driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and
ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
- First Aid training, and CPR Certificate (when required)
preferred but may be required to obtain after hire.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret to complete
required documentation by established timeframes.
- Ability to document in a neat, legible, accurate, objective and
consistent manner to reflect the services provided.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from all levels of LSS management and employees, as well
as the individual, family, and circle of support.
- Working knowledge of computers to allow employee to access
computer systems and applications to complete timecards, read and
respond to email, and complete required on-line training.
- Ability to utilize efficiently an electronic health record(s)
for documentation of direct services.
- Must be able to work on computer and utilize computer
applications and programs to effectively complete the job.
- Ability to work within a variety of ever-changing software
packages and computer systems.
- Knowledge and/or ability to develop competencies involving use
of supportive technology and adaptive equipment to support
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. (See specific physical job requirements per
The job allows the employee to vary physical position or activity
for comfort. The employee may be required to stand and /or walk for
8 hours or longer. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently (i.e. 34% to 66% of the time) required to
bend/stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach above and below shoulder
height, grasp/handle objects, use fine manipulation/fingering. In
addition the worker is occasionally (1% to 33% of the time)
required to sit, climb, push or pull up to 50 lbs, and operate foot
controls. The employee may be required to lift up to 50 lbs rarely,
and up to 35 lbs frequently.
The position will require the ability to access a variety of
locations in the community. May be required to assist with
transferring individuals who have physical limitations.
The employee must react appropriately in times of crisis that may
include verbal and physical aggression from the individuals
supported. Employee must also recognize and take appropriate action
if signs of abuse or neglect are present. Understands and is able
to evaluate the potential for medical or behavioral emergency.
The employee of this position works in individuals' homes and may
be exposed to common household allergens such as dust, mildew,
smoke and pets. The employee will also be exposed to outdoor
weather conditions when traveling on company business.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TRAVEL: Daily travel may be required.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
EducationHigh School/GED Pref of Other (preferred)
Licenses & CertificationsDriver's License (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Lutheran Social Services, Eau Claire , Community Supported Living Agent - Part-Time, Sales , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!