Industrial Channel Sales Manager - North American Distribution
Company: Gast Manufacturing
Location: Eau Claire
Posted on: November 18, 2022
If you're looking for a special place to build or grow your
career, you've found it. Whether you're an experienced
professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between,
IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn
new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales,
supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40
diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something
special for you.
POSITION TITLE: Industrial Channel Sales Manager - North American
REPORTING TO: Director of Sales - North America
LOCATION: Midwest US (Remote)
Who is GAST Manufacturing?
As a business unit of IDEX Corporation, GAST Manufacturing has a
long history of being the leader in design and manufacturing of
quality air-moving products. We specialize in offering cost
effective pneumatic solutions for a wide variety of industries
including industrial manufacturing, healthcare, and environmental
cleanup applications. We are looking to add more talent to our
Scope of Role: The Industrial Channel Sales Manager - NA
Distribution is responsible for the creation and implementation of
a comprehensive distribution channel and sales strategy. The Sales
Manager will also drive profitable revenue with the top tier
distributors assigned across the United States and Canada. This
role will also have management responsibility including the
Distribution Sales Representative (manages a sub-set of
distribution partners) and National Industrial Accounts Manager
(manages national industrial supply distributors like W.W.
Grainger). The Sales Manager also drives the organization to
enhance its business processes to ensure better channel support and
improved customer engagements. It will use rigorous logic and
highly organized methods to ensure a clear understanding of a
customer's business including but not limited to - business shape,
applications, main markets, key contacts, growth opportunity areas
and likely order timing. Individual must be able to interface with
other business functions to gather accurate information for
The position will require overnight travel,
- Responsible for developing and implementing an effective and
comprehensive channel strategy and distributor footprint to drive
sales of the company's product portfolio and increased engagement
- Maximize profitable revenues from sales of the organization's
products through a base of existing and new distribution partners.
Responsible for building strategic management/executive
relationships with key Authorized Distributors (AD's) and customers
to support the overall channel strategy. This involves regular
leadership review of commitments and achievements to better align
our mutual companies around agreed upon targets.
- Find share shift and incremental sales from these accounts.
Drive and complete the NBO sales cycle working with existing
systems and processes and cross-functional teams.
- Lead a team of 2 sales managers to drive professional growth
and development for promotion within the business.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts as required.
- Provide technical and selling expertise to AD's at target
customers to maintain existing business and to drive new business
opportunity (NBO) closure with both existing and new customers.
This includes supporting new product introduction (NPI) process by
teaming with AD's to develop target customer lists and deploy a
campaign around NBO development.
- Provide strategic guidance and training to AD's on products,
markets, customers, and applications consistent with company
- Evaluates and manages strategic business opportunities,
initiatives and sales programs with AD partners. Initiates
deployment strategies, monitors competitive activity, and
identifies customer needs.
- Work with multi-functional teams to support distribution
channel in areas such as marketing, reporting, new business
management, CRM, data analytics and communications to achieve
- Provide accurate and timely communications to internal and
external constituents, orders forecast, new business opportunities,
pricing, technical application details, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Measures of Performance
- Development and successful implementation of a long-term
channel strategy to gain AD mindshare, competitive market share and
generally position Gast as the category captain for the products in
- Profitable growth of the channel and assigned accounts through
engagement with both distributors and end customers
- Sustainability of existing Gast business
- Management of key projects as part of a cross-functional
- Focus and drive key initiatives of the organization and the
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENCIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or Marketing
- At least 5-10 years of professional sales with industrial
distribution account management including successful experience
calling on senior management at customers and distributor
- Previous talent management experience is preferred.
- Proficient at translating technical product information into
sales strategy to drive revenue.
- Experience utilizing Customer Relationship Management tools is
- Proven track record of delivering sales results while
maintaining customer satisfaction
- Pneumatic industry experience preferred
- Strong personal leadership and experience working in
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation
skills - ability to communicate at all levels in the
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Must demonstrate the ability to engage and motivate the sales
teams of a 3rd-party distribution channel team to grow Gast orders
- Ability to manage priorities as articulated by direct
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to
- Must have ability to build relationships with direct accounts
for repeat business.
- Must have high degree of leadership and ability to influence
- Must be self-motivated, show initiative, anticipate and prevent
issues by executing advanced problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and work well in a team
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well with customers and internal team
members to lead positive change in a fast-paced work
GAST Manufacturing, a Unit of IDEX Corporation is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the essential duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform
job-related tasks other than those specifically presented.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people,
our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing
trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action
Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic
information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected
category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws
Keywords: Gast Manufacturing, Eau Claire , Industrial Channel Sales Manager - North American Distribution, Sales , Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!